As you may have already guessed, John and I are mentally wiped out right now and are taking a short break from blogging. We’re saving up ideas and posts and will be ready to go again once the new year starts.
In the meantime, here are a few questions to consider. If you’d like to answer them in the comments, it would be fun to have a discussion on these issues:
- What’s the most innovative thing you’ve done this year?
- What will you do next year to build on this year’s success?
- What is your greatest innovation challenge right now?
Here are my answers:
- My most innovative idea was The Innovation Matrix.
- Over the next twelve months or so I’m going to give serious thought to how to best use The Innovation Matrix within organisations to help them improve innovation. The two key issues here are figuring out metrics that can help scale the two axes, and to work on ways to effectively do research on this idea so that we can provide it with some empirical support.
- There are two huge challenges coming up in the near future. The first is to figure out how to scale up all of the research and consulting opportunities that we are generating. John and I are pretty close to the limit of what we’re able to do on our own. We need to figure out some way to add resources.
The second challenge is to figure out a way to communicate more effectively about the issues that we discuss here in blog. This will include publishing some collected pieces as e-books, and we are also looking at other avenues for getting ideas out to people.
We’re curious to hear your thoughts on these questions, along with one more:
What we can here on the blog that will provide you with the most help in improving innovation?
Thanks for all of the help and support that you have given us this year. We hope that everyone has a great holiday season!