Do people love change or hate it? Are big firms better at innovation or are small ones? The answer to these questions is “both” – and we need to develop some skills for dealing with that.
Tag Archives | Google
Wouldn’t it be great if you could do customer service like Zappos? ¬†Or design like Apple? Or innovation like 3M? Who wouldn’t want to be like those firms? Well, it’s not so simple. Barry Dalton wrote an excellent post called You Can’t Be Zappos (and why would you want to be?) addressing exactly this issue. [...]
The emergence of the poll aggregators, especially Nate Silver, was one of the stories of the election for me. While these methods are a huge advance, there are still ways that they can fail. The key cause might be political innovation.
The Bing It One challenge would have been a great tool in 1998. Unfortunately, now that Google dominates search, an improved algorithm isn’t enough to get people to switch. This is the Attacker’s Dilemma: unless you bring a major performance improvement, there is no point in directly attacking a strong incumbent in their area of strength.
How can you learn what you need to know to become an expert? It requires deep knowledge of a field, but it also requires broad knowledge of related fields. Our current technologies support deep, but not broad. We need to figure out a way to find t-shaped knowledge.
- Three Steps for Social Media Success 21 May 2013
- Innovation Lessons from the Rise of Tesla Motors 15 May 2013
- Five More Thinkers That I Admire 12 May 2013
- Food, Connection & Innovation 7 May 2013
- Here is Why You Need Business Model Innovation 3 May 2013
- Talk is the Technology of Leadership 30 April 2013
- Reframing Failure 25 April 2013
- Why We Shouldn't Be Surprised That Managers Don't Embrace Complexity - Jurjen Bloo: [...] and upend even the most dominant of firms. ¬...
- Dell withdraws from the public cloud IaaS market | Euler Global: [...] wait-and-see play that depends on the assump...
- Three Steps for Social Media Success - Innovation for Growth: [...] Connect with people. Here’s how Hugh M...
- How to do Social Media Right - Innovation for Growth: [...] Connect with people. Here’s how Hugh M...
- How to do Social Media Right - Innovation for Growth: [...] Do awesome work. ¬†There’s no point in...
- Weekly bits of interest – 20 May 2013 | Public Sector Innovation Toolkit: [...] Tim Kastelle takes a look at the interesting...
- Ramon Rivera: I have two new ideas for toyoya cars or for any ot...
Trending on @timkastelle
Recent Popular PostsGoogle Analytics Popular Posts Alert :
Please check/recheck/enter your Google Analytics Profile ID.