Creating space in your head for creativity is an important part of innovation – I hope that these resources will help you clear that space, and do great work!
Tag Archives | Nilofer Merchant
You should start a blog right now. It will help both you and others learn, and it will help you build a skill.
When we try something completely new, people often want to see proof that it will work. Of course, there is no proof if the idea is genuinely new. Instead of proof, we have to rely on weak signals. Successful innovators find these and amplify them.
One of the key drivers of innovation is connecting ideas in novel ways. To get really good ideas it’s useful to explore widely. Encountering great thinkers is one great way to spur this process. Here are five that have influenced me recently.
The Innovation Matrix is back, and now I’m collaborating on it with Nilofer Merchant! Here is a sneak peek at some of the work that we’re doing.
Innovation is a powerful tool, and it’s in your hands. Here are some ideas for using it now.
What tools do you need to use to be successful in the social era? The fact is that the tools don’t matter. The two keys to success are: do awesome work, and connect with people.
How many great ideas get killed because we’re scared to put them out in the world? We need to be vulnerable to innovate – Brené Brown’s book Daring Greatly gives some insights into how to do this.
What we can accomplish is enabled by how we view the world. It’s also constrained by how we view the world. Figuring out how to change our frame of view is a powerful innovation tool.
What are the implications of the new ways that technology allows people to connect and interact? Nilofer Merchant explores this in her book 11 Rules for Creating Value in the #SocialEra – it’s a good book with some important lessons.
- Tools for Unlocking Innovation 13 April 2014
- Where Others See Only Barriers, Innovators See Opportunities 9 April 2014
- Improve Your Personal Innovation Skills 6 April 2014
- The Difference Between Good and Great 4 April 2014
- 3 Innovation Triggers: Fear, Fantasy & Frustration 31 March 2014
- Culture and Innovation 30 March 2014
- Who Invented the Computer? 26 March 2014
- Innovation Excellence | Balancing Large and Small Firm Capabilities: […] it’s crucial for established organ...
- Innovation Excellence | Integrating Lean Startup and Design Thinking: […] are unknown at the outset – while ...
- Here’s Why You Need to Build Your Innovation Capability | PARC blog: […] Editor’s Note: This article original...
- Here’s Why You Need to Build Your Innovation Capability | PARC blog: […] But there’s a fair bit of evidence acc...
- Tools for Unlocking Innovation | Innovating to ...: […] By tapping into the bright minds outside...
- Ways to create a culture of innovation | Centric: […] the best-selling book Drive: The Surpri...
- You Should Start a Blog Right Now | A agile dev...: […] You should start a blog right now. It wi...