What are your barriers to business success? A study from my colleagues shows that innovators don’t see barriers. Instead, they use obstacles to spur innovations that help them outpace the competition.
Tag Archives | Knowledge Creation
DK interviewed me for a podcast last week – this bit on how to use experimenting build your innovation culture is my favourite part from it.
How do we innovate in a risk-averse culture? By realising that a culture is something that we create ourselves, through our interactions with people daily. When we change the way we act, we start to change out culture.
This post was first published at Integrative Innovation. In a previous post, I have pointed out the importance of diversity for innovation and organizational adaptability. Diversity is a crucial precursor to serendipity. In the Power of Pull, John Hagel, John Seely Brown and Lang Davison emphasize the rising need for serendipity: We need to […]
People often think that innovation is a black box, but here are 20 things that we know are true about innovation.
Frederick Douglass said “Those who profess to favor freedom and yet deprecate agitation are men who want crops without plowing up the ground…” He was talking about political reform, but this is also true of innovation as well.
People often think that having a great idea is the hard part of innovating. Most of the time, this isn’t the problem. Getting the new idea to spread is.
Why all this talk about innovation? I get that question a lot. The reason that I think innovation is important is that it is the driver for growth. Consequently, we’re changing the name of the blog to Innovation for Growth. Here are some of the reasons that I think it’s important to link innovation with […]
People often think it’s weird when they hear that I study innovation – even people in very innovative jobs. The biggest reason for this is mistaking invention for innovation. If you do this, then studying innovation makes no sense at all – what can you learn about the flash of insight, the stroke of genius, […]
- Tools for Unlocking Innovation 13 April 2014
- Where Others See Only Barriers, Innovators See Opportunities 9 April 2014
- Improve Your Personal Innovation Skills 6 April 2014
- The Difference Between Good and Great 4 April 2014
- 3 Innovation Triggers: Fear, Fantasy & Frustration 31 March 2014
- Culture and Innovation 30 March 2014
- Who Invented the Computer? 26 March 2014
- Innovation Excellence | Integrating Lean Startup and Design Thinking: […] are unknown at the outset – while ...
- Here’s Why You Need to Build Your Innovation Capability | PARC blog: […] Editor’s Note: This article original...
- Here’s Why You Need to Build Your Innovation Capability | PARC blog: […] But there’s a fair bit of evidence acc...
- Tools for Unlocking Innovation | Innovating to ...: […] By tapping into the bright minds outside...
- Ways to create a culture of innovation | Centric: […] the best-selling book Drive: The Surpri...
- You Should Start a Blog Right Now | A agile dev...: […] You should start a blog right now. It wi...
- Tools for Unlocking Innovation | learning in to...: […] Tim Kastelle's excellent synthesis ...