I’m in Palo Alto right now, and electric cars are all over the road. This is a pretty good sign that they are traveling up the innovation diffusion s-curve, and are coming soon to a road near you.
Here are short profiles of five thinkers that have influences my own thinking recently – Valeria Maltoni, Terri Griffith, Henry Mintzberg, Rosalind Franklin and Rita Gunther McGrath.
Business model innovation is relatively easy to do when you’re a startup. But it’s also a really important skill for established firms to build. In this post I discuss why, and how to approach it effectively.
There are lots of things that we do unconsciously – like listening and speaking. But talk is the technology of leadership – so we should actually start paying attention to building skills in these activities.
One of the key drivers of innovation is connecting ideas in novel ways. To get really good ideas it’s useful to explore widely. Encountering great thinkers is one great way to spur this process. Here are five that have influenced me recently.
In 1993 you needed a phone, a laptop, a camcorder, a palm pilot, a watch, a walkman and a pager to do most of what you can do today with your smartphone. That’s amazing, and there are some important innovation lessons that follow from this.
Change is one constant in business. The evolution of operating system market share demonstrates some important lessons for innovating in a constantly shifting environment.
- Innovation Lessons from the Rise of Tesla Motors 15 May 2013
- Five More Thinkers That I Admire 12 May 2013
- Food, Connection & Innovation 7 May 2013
- Here is Why You Need Business Model Innovation 3 May 2013
- Talk is the Technology of Leadership 30 April 2013
- Reframing Failure 25 April 2013
- Five Thinkers That I Admire 20 April 2013
- Westrope Leadership Inc. - Reframing Failure - Innovation for Growth - Westrope Leadership Inc.: [...] Click here to view original web page at Refr...
- Innovation Lessons from the Rise of Tesla Motors - Innovation for Growth: [...] mock new ideas. All of this comes together t...
- Innovation Excellence | Innovation Challenge: Your Market is Never Stable: [...] organisations make is that they know what ma...
- Why Every Business Should Consider Innovation Teams | Digital Tonto: [...] However, as Clayton Christensen has pointed ...
- Get Ready for Your Electric Car - Innovation for Growth: [...] I don’t know if Tesla will ever get to...
- Get Ready for Your Electric Car - Innovation for Growth: [...] But when there’s a lot of hype aroun...
- Get Ready for Your Electric Car - Innovation for Growth: [...] New ideas spread much more slowly than we ex...
Trending on @timkastelle
Recent Popular Posts
2013-02-17 ～ 2013-05-18