What social networks do you have to be on to succeed? Whichever ones fit your strengths. Here’s how to think about this question a bit more strategically.
I’m in Palo Alto right now, and electric cars are all over the road. This is a pretty good sign that they are traveling up the innovation diffusion s-curve, and are coming soon to a road near you.
Here are short profiles of five thinkers that have influences my own thinking recently – Valeria Maltoni, Terri Griffith, Henry Mintzberg, Rosalind Franklin and Rita Gunther McGrath.
Business model innovation is relatively easy to do when you’re a startup. But it’s also a really important skill for established firms to build. In this post I discuss why, and how to approach it effectively.
There are lots of things that we do unconsciously – like listening and speaking. But talk is the technology of leadership – so we should actually start paying attention to building skills in these activities.
One of the key drivers of innovation is connecting ideas in novel ways. To get really good ideas it’s useful to explore widely. Encountering great thinkers is one great way to spur this process. Here are five that have influenced me recently.
In 1993 you needed a phone, a laptop, a camcorder, a palm pilot, a watch, a walkman and a pager to do most of what you can do today with your smartphone. That’s amazing, and there are some important innovation lessons that follow from this.
Change is one constant in business. The evolution of operating system market share demonstrates some important lessons for innovating in a constantly shifting environment.
- Three Steps for Social Media Success 21 May 2013
- Innovation Lessons from the Rise of Tesla Motors 15 May 2013
- Five More Thinkers That I Admire 12 May 2013
- Food, Connection & Innovation 7 May 2013
- Here is Why You Need Business Model Innovation 3 May 2013
- Talk is the Technology of Leadership 30 April 2013
- Reframing Failure 25 April 2013
- Innovation: connecting (existing) ideas | Dorothea Martin: [...] Original Post by Tim Kastelle on Innovation ...
- Tim Kastelle: That's really cool Bernie - thanks for pointing i...
- Bernie Woodcroft: Tesla is indeed an exciting company Tim. Check ou...
- Why We Shouldn't Be Surprised That Managers Don't Embrace Complexity - Jurjen Bloo: [...] and upend even the most dominant of firms. Â...
- Dell withdraws from the public cloud IaaS market | Euler Global: [...] wait-and-see play that depends on the assump...
- Three Steps for Social Media Success - Innovation for Growth: [...] Connect with people. Here’s how Hugh M...
- How to do Social Media Right - Innovation for Growth: [...] Connect with people. Here’s how Hugh M...
Trending on @timkastelle
Recent Popular PostsGoogle Analytics Popular Posts Alert :
Please check/recheck/enter your Google Analytics Profile ID.